Username: Password:

Author Topic: Got killed by UNIT clan which resulted in a killing spree of UNIT members.  (Read 725 times)

Offline Aim-iliO (Admin)

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Bullets: +60/-27
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Aim-iliO
  • What kind of player are you?: Survivor
First of all I had some issues with my video capture programm. My voice was like 5 minutes desynchronized to the video, while all the ingame sounds and TS Sounds fits perfectly. Daniello will upload the end of the shoutout they started.

Daniello, Lootwig, and me travelled with Mr. Friendly and RoterBallon a bit and looted the vybor military compound. Shortly before we left, we saw a guy running towards the Heli chrash site. Contact should be made.

Till minute 1:42 everything went good. Took him back to a place where the others could overwhatch me and him, but not too close to them, positioned me that I would not be in the line of fire. But then I made the mistake not to ask for his friends, what I should have done after seeing his armband. Depending on his answer, this would have made me more careful. But as I knew that there where 4 other guys aiming at this guy made me a bit careless, which was the second mistake.

I tried to trade with him but he said he has nothing to trade, which is unusual at leas he would have asked for something like bullets.

Then I was staying too much time watching at only one direction. I think this is also related to the fact that I knew there where a lot of players which have not been seen. I should have at least turned arround once to whach the surroundings.

And If you make too many mistakes, you pay with your life.

I'm the friendliest guy in Chernarus if you kill me I will be reborn, but if you kill my friends.... I WILL COME FOR YOU!

Offline jimbobjovy

• Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Sam
Re: Got killed by UNIT clan which resulted in a killing spree of UNIT members.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 02:07:13 PM »
I was the member that you brought back to the camp. We figured there would be atleast someone hanging around over at the military base as there was the cras hsite right next to it. I dropped my valuables with my boys and ran over to the crash... Of course nothing to be found. This is when you ran over to introduce yourself and offer the trade. Of course I had already dropped anything of value off so I acted innocent whilst UNIT crept up behind you. I didn't want them to kill you, but you were moving around a lot and it would be odd you'd be happy to walk around the base without your weapon out at least... We saw one of your guys in the base and thought it was best to open fire.

We of course (still being new to the server and the game) did not respond to the firefight very well which ended up with all of us excluding one dying.

We then decided to call it a night and try again over the weekend, was very enjoyable and tense bit of play. Hope we bump into you soon! Hopefully it does not have to end up on the same terms.

Sam.

Offline Aim-iliO (Admin)

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 02:56:41 PM »
I was the member that you brought back to the camp. We figured there would be atleast someone hanging around over at the military base as there was the cras hsite right next to it. I dropped my valuables with my boys and ran over to the crash... Of course nothing to be found. This is when you ran over to introduce yourself and offer the trade. Of course I had already dropped anything of value off so I acted innocent whilst UNIT crept up behind you. I didn't want them to kill you, but you were moving around a lot and it would be odd you'd be happy to walk around the base without your weapon out at least... We saw one of your guys in the base and thought it was best to open fire.

We of course (still being new to the server and the game) did not respond to the firefight very well which ended up with all of us excluding one dying.

We then decided to call it a night and try again over the weekend, was very enjoyable and tense bit of play. Hope we bump into you soon! Hopefully it does not have to end up on the same terms.

Sam.

According to your laugh in the clip it sounded like it was you plan to kill me. But as I explained I made some mistakes, and it was my fault that I got killed. I think Mr. Friendly spottet someone behind me, but there was some confusion because daniello said it was him. So I didn't turn arround to not discover Daniello. The moving a lot was to not be a easy target and your mate placed the shot when I stood still. So pretty effective... till you don't move.

The one who died, Which was not you, commbat logged during the runn so that he disapeared while running. Which is not agains the rules, but people should know about it... Its a shame. Shame on him.

Well next time we meet, I will not kill anyone of you as long as you don't point with something at , but I don't think that I will trade with you. Maybe if we go different ways, you will have less ammo than you had before. I still die to often and this was an other lesson I got told how to behave.

But thanks for your comment.
I'm the friendliest guy in Chernarus if you kill me I will be reborn, but if you kill my friends.... I WILL COME FOR YOU!

Offline jimbobjovy

• Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Sam
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 03:30:35 PM »
It was definitely not my intention to kill you... I am a fairly peaceful player, although I do not share the same views as some of the players in the UNIT group. The laugh at the end was more out of shock, we play very relaxed and the mix of a few beers we end in result of us dying ;)

Since the 0.54 patch we all had issues of our dayz crashing with memory errors throughout the evening... It is not our style to combat log during a fight (or even a flee in this case). My team mate that crashed actually moaned to us in teamspeak that we didn't listen to him when his application crashed. When he did log in, he was either dead or a fresh spawn as three of us ended up in Novo.

It's always interesting to see the game through the eyes of a different perspective... I am still new to the game, and I am still learning what is correct etiquette when meeting players in-game... I haven't really found a play style that works for me yet, as running into players is such a rare occurance. I think I'll be taking a page from your book and approaching people and chatting with them before parting ways in the future... Although the hunting a player aspect is exhilarating also... I am torn.

All the best, Sam

Offline Aim-iliO (Admin)

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 04:47:51 PM »
There are only very few players who talk to others in the military regions. Meeting a player in one of the regions of the Wanted topic where you can't get a bounty on your head, means in the most cases "shootout". There are maybe 3 Hands full of players on this server who would not instant shoot in the military regions, out of nearly 2000 whitelisted players. There is no etiquete on this server. Everyone plays like he wants to. But combat loggers are hated and must expect to be trolled. And I would not stop the trolling.

Yeah I had issues with constant crashes the whole time. But fleeing from a fight is not the same as combat logging. If you had no chance it is stupid to die only to kill one of 4 remaining to get killed afterwards. But to be honnest, I am that stupid most of the time.

By the way, how many got involved in the shootout?

Offline RoterBallon (Admin)

• Global Moderator
  • Bambi
  • Bullets: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): RoterBallon
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 12:22:33 PM »
Danillio's vid:
feature=youtu.be