Username: Password:

Poll

What do you think about the current day/night cycle? (Oldschool I starting at 14:00, Oldschool II starting at 06:00)

It is fine as it is. I love the current day night cycle.
47 (72.3%)
I would prefer at least one daytime only server.
12 (18.5%)
Both server should be daytime only.
3 (4.6%)
I don't care.
3 (4.6%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: January 28, 2015, 10:43:35 PM

Author Topic: Day and night  (Read 8339 times)

Offline Astuneta

• Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Haplo
  • What kind of player are you?: Survivor
Re: Day and night
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2015, 06:21:45 PM »
hahahaha indeed! Clutching our gun while our heart races fast not knowing where the sound comes from.

I hope to meet you one day.

Offline SiameseAlmeida

• Survivor
  • Bullets: +14/-3
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): SiameseAlmeida
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2015, 06:39:29 PM »
I don't understand people who prefer nighttime as it currently is. You think the playing field has changed and that everyone shares your atmospheric pitch black experience, but in reality, everyone but you is wearing gamma goggles and can easily pick you out a kilometer away.

I do it too and I won't stop until Bohemia fixes gamma abuse and stops everyone. I'd love to stumble around in the dark and play true nighttime DayZ, but the totality of that experience implies others are stumbling around too. I won't intentionally handicap myself.

That said, the current day/night cycle on Oldschool is useful because you can roughly tell when the reset is coming.

People will hack and wall glitch and dupe gear too.  Are you also doing these things because Bohemia has yet to fix them?

The cheater always blames the game as if it's the games fault he has no honor.

Sorry, but that's bullshit. Wall glitching, teleportation, aimbots and the rest are a completely different thing. I'd be the first to stop abusing gamma (and my eyes would thank me for it) if 90% of the people weren't doing the same thing.

You wanna pretend intentionally handicapping yourself is honorable, go ahead, but don't call me a cheater.

Offline valdark

• Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +1/-1
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Bobby
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2015, 06:59:26 PM »
I don't understand people who prefer nighttime as it currently is. You think the playing field has changed and that everyone shares your atmospheric pitch black experience, but in reality, everyone but you is wearing gamma goggles and can easily pick you out a kilometer away.

I do it too and I won't stop until Bohemia fixes gamma abuse and stops everyone. I'd love to stumble around in the dark and play true nighttime DayZ, but the totality of that experience implies others are stumbling around too. I won't intentionally handicap myself.

That said, the current day/night cycle on Oldschool is useful because you can roughly tell when the reset is coming.

People will hack and wall glitch and dupe gear too.  Are you also doing these things because Bohemia has yet to fix them?

Sorry, but that's bullshit. Wall glitching, teleportation, aimbots and the rest are a completely different thing. I'd be the first to stop abusing gamma (and my eyes would thank me for it) if 90% of the people weren't doing the same thing.

You wanna pretend intentionally handicapping yourself is honorable, go ahead, but don't call me a cheater.

They are EXACTLY the same thing. 

Offline SiameseAlmeida

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2015, 07:05:09 PM »

Alright, tell the admins to ban me then. Might as well ban the vast majority of their userbase while they're at it.

Offline valdark

• Freshspawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2015, 07:24:55 PM »
hahahaha indeed! Clutching our gun while our heart races fast not knowing where the sound comes from.

I hope to meet you one day.

Tap 3 times on the ceiling if you want me, twice on the pipes, if the answer is noooo

Offline valdark

• Freshspawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2015, 07:30:25 PM »

Alright, tell the admins to ban me then. Might as well ban the vast majority of their userbase while they're at it.

Just because your cheating cannot be enforced does not make it less of a cheat. 

You alter the game to eliminate a factor of the game play and thereby put yourself at an advantage.  Whatever helps your cheating ass sleep at night is fine by me.  I'll take you on with my unaltered gamma and not regret a moment of the experience.

You can even watch my side of it on my twitch when you are done so you can feel powerful and pretend you are better than me because you know the best and easiest cheat in the game.

Offline SiameseAlmeida

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2015, 07:38:39 PM »
You alter the game to eliminate a factor of the game play and thereby put yourself at an advantage. 

Correction: I put myself on the same playing field as 90% of the players I'm playing against.

As I told you, I'd love a true nighttime where nobody can see anything. I don't want to use gamma, I have to -- unless I want to handicap myself. That's not my playstyle, sorry.

You can scream "cheater" at me all day long or you can sit down and think about what I'm saying here.

Offline valdark

• Freshspawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2015, 08:24:59 PM »
You alter the game to eliminate a factor of the game play and thereby put yourself at an advantage. 

Correction: I put myself on the same playing field as 90% of the players I'm playing against.

As I told you, I'd love a true nighttime where nobody can see anything. I don't want to use gamma, I have to -- unless I want to handicap myself. That's not my playstyle, sorry.

You can scream "cheater" at me all day long or you can sit down and think about what I'm saying here.

You cheat because others cheat.  This is funny.  "I'm not cheating mommy, Timmy did it first!!"

I'll hear you out there even if I can't see you. Hope your gamma goggles are ready. 

Offline SiameseAlmeida

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2015, 08:27:41 PM »

You cheat because others cheat.  This is funny.  "I'm not cheating mommy, Timmy did it first!!"

I'll hear you out there even if I can't see you. Hope your gamma goggles are ready.

I see this is an e-peen contest for you so I'll concede. That's right, Valdark. I've gone out of my way to join a private hive so I can cheat.

Offline valdark

• Freshspawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2015, 08:35:47 PM »

I see this is an e-peen contest for you so I'll concede. That's right, Valdark. I've gone out of my way to join a private hive so I can cheat.

No it isn't and yes you have man. 

It's sad that you can't even admit it to yourself. 

I'm watching a stream right now of one of our members running with unmodified gamma so I'm not the only one.  There are honest players and there are cheats.

You use other cheats to justify being a cheat yourself.

Congrats.  You suck at night play so bad you have to cheat.

Offline n4ttl

• Administrator
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Bullets: +89/-84
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): n4ttl
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2015, 08:39:42 PM »
Guys, one Kindergarten topic is enough for today. Please stop it. Cheers.
Oldschool DayZ Hardcore - We are the north
www.oldschooldayz.net

Offline valdark

• Freshspawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2015, 08:43:48 PM »

*nods

I will stand down.

Offline IGAR

• The Bandits
  • Bambi
  • Bullets: +6/-3
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): [SQL] IGAR
  • What kind of player are you?: Hero
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2015, 08:44:58 PM »

lel since when did the in-game settings become a cheat ?

Offline valdark

• Freshspawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2015, 09:06:06 PM »

lel since when did the in-game settings become a cheat ?

Offline merc

• Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Merc
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2015, 08:36:17 AM »
If you're going to change restarts. Do it so server 1 restarts a bit later (like 1600 or 1700).