Username: Password:

Author Topic: Persistence  (Read 7884 times)

Offline n4ttl

• Administrator
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Bullets: +89/-84
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): n4ttl
  • What kind of player are you?: Survivor
Persistence
« on: December 20, 2014, 10:25:10 AM »
As of December 20th 2014 persistence is active on Oldschool DayZ Hardcore. For the time being it is just for testing purposes. We will see how it turns out -- if it works, it will stay active. If there are the same bugs like in the past (no loot on 80 % of the server and lootpiles in Vybor etc.) we will deactivate it.

This means, you can put up your tents and store things in them. They should be there after the server restarts. But before you start consider the following things

• There is no guarantee that your stuff respawns in the same place  or respawns at all. It is just an alpha, so expect problems with persistence.
  • Bohemia usually resets the loot storage files during the wednesday maintainance offtime. So there is a risk that your stuff is gone after weekly maintenance. So store it on your character in time.
  • Oldschool DayZ Hardcore takes no responsibility if your loot gets stolen, destroyed or simply does not respawn by any means whatsoever.  You are using persistence at your own risk and when your stuff is gone, its simply bad luck. So don't send the admins PMs or start ranting topics. They will be deleted unread. 

Should we decide to deactivate persistence again, we will inform you here in the forum to give you the chance to retrieve your stuff on the server.

Oldschool DayZ Hardcore - We are the north
www.oldschooldayz.net

Offline Sinkatze

• Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +3/-0
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Sinkatze
  • What kind of player are you?: Hero
Re: Persistence
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 09:55:52 PM »
Awesome!
I heard the loot spawning shouldn't have problems like it used to, so hopefully this works out and we can keep Persistence on :D

Offline kamphare

• Bambi
  • Bullets: +4/-0
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Cmangdollapaws
  • What kind of player are you?: Bandit
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 12:32:43 AM »
I've been playing for a few hours now with persistence, and I don't understand how loot respawn works atm. Everything is empty everywhere I go.

I read about it elsewhere but didn't understand how it works specifically. How does one go about finding new loot? Anyone care to explain? : ) thanks in advance
"Cmangdollapaws" in game.

Offline Aim-iliO (Admin)

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Bullets: +60/-27
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Aim-iliO
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 01:47:02 AM »
Persistance still has some problems. On oldschool I wasn't able to craft splints. On other servers without persistance I could. Skinning was also possible. On Oldschool according to other players not. It seems that the Helichrashsites are still invisible. Loot does not spawn regulary.
In my opinion still to much disadvantages in comparison to the advantages.
I'm the friendliest guy in Chernarus if you kill me I will be reborn, but if you kill my friends.... I WILL COME FOR YOU!

Offline Caddyshack

• The Bandits
  • Survivor
  • Bullets: +5/-3
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Caddyshack
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 01:51:59 AM »
Persistance still has some problems. On oldschool I wasn't able to craft splints. On other servers without persistance I could. Skinning was also possible. On Oldschool according to other players not. It seems that the Helichrashsites are still invisible. Loot does not spawn regulary.

I went to probably 20 different fields that spawn heli's and nothing.
#1 Troll on Oldschool

>MRW I wake up and remember I'm an American
http://i.imgur.com/a1iaZjt.gif

Offline Aim-iliO (Admin)

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Bullets: +60/-27
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Aim-iliO
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 01:55:12 AM »

So, you would be with me, that there are no helis?
I'm the friendliest guy in Chernarus if you kill me I will be reborn, but if you kill my friends.... I WILL COME FOR YOU!

Offline Caddyshack

• The Bandits
  • Survivor
  • Bullets: +5/-3
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Caddyshack
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 02:01:55 AM »

So, you would be with me, that there are no helis?

Yah I would agree, I circumnavigated the chernarus globe yet zilch. Still some kinks to work out.
#1 Troll on Oldschool

>MRW I wake up and remember I'm an American
http://i.imgur.com/a1iaZjt.gif

Offline kamphare

• Bambi
  • Bullets: +4/-0
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Cmangdollapaws
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 02:15:24 AM »

Sounds pretty bad imo. Me, I haven't enjoyed the server much since persistence was enabled, as I have found zero loot
"Cmangdollapaws" in game.

Offline Sinkatze

• Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +3/-0
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Sinkatze
  • What kind of player are you?: Hero
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 05:59:24 AM »
The thing with Persistence on, if you can't find loot is because there are too many people already looting that place, good example: the coast. If you go inland you start finding loot way more often as it is where the loot is respawning, most people don't care to move from typical places, making them not find anything. That's how it is supposedly. Wouldn't be able to confirm about crash sites, its hard to test, because if you don't find it could just be luck, but everyone on the server would have to contribute on this testing.

Offline n4ttl

• Administrator
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Bullets: +89/-84
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): n4ttl
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 07:10:01 AM »
I told you guys. Persistence does not work yet. There are lootpiles in the prison near Svetlo and in the Novo townhall. Other areas are totally empty. But there were so many people here on the forum who were ranting and even insulting me of hating persistence. What should I say...

I will wait two more days and decide.
Oldschool DayZ Hardcore - We are the north
www.oldschooldayz.net

Offline BluesAdam

• The Peacekeepers
  • Bambi
  • Bullets: +7/-0
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): BluesAdam
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 01:07:09 PM »
Certain mechanics of the game don't work probably because of persistance. Crafting splints, gutting animals, pouring water from canteen to canteen, force-feeding, handcuffing and what not. My friend died of hunger because we couldn't gut an animal no matter what we did. If it goes like this, there is no point of having persistance enabled.

Plus, many aspects of the game are not included in persistance. Locked doors become unlocked after server restart. On top of this, snare traps disappear as well. As far as I know, vehicles are not bond to persistance as well.

I vote for disabling persistance and see what happens in future updates.

Offline nabbl

• Bambi
  • Bullets: +7/-4
    • View Profile
    • RubberBandits
  • Playername (DayZ): nabbl
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 01:54:52 PM »
Persistence has some flaws I agree. But the benefits are there too. Stuff you throw on the ground stays there, even if the server is gonna restart.

It his highly unlogical that when the server restarts there is magically loot EVERYWHERE. You don't need try hard at all. You are usually full geared in half an hour. That is not what DayZ is supposed to be. Log out in Pavlovo Military Base. Set an alarm to when the server restarts. Come back to your PC, login and loot the shit. Come out with AKs and Drum Mags and what not. Run to Zelenogorsk and do the same. Maybe search for some crashsites and you go out with a full kitted character.

Plus many bugs you listed have nothing to do with persistence but with the 0.52 patch. It introduced some minor bugs.

Maybe it is a good idea to disable persistence until end of january. Eugen Harton said that Persistence problems will be tackled in january.

Offline BluesAdam

• The Peacekeepers
  • Bambi
  • Bullets: +7/-0
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): BluesAdam
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2014, 02:00:33 PM »
Persistence has some flaws I agree. But the benefits are there too. Stuff you throw on the ground stays there, even if the server is gonna restart.

It his highly unlogical that when the server restarts there is magically loot EVERYWHERE. You don't need try hard at all. You are usually full geared in half an hour. That is not what DayZ is supposed to be. Log out in Pavlovo Military Base. Set an alarm to when the server restarts. Come back to your PC, login and loot the shit. Come out with AKs and Drum Mags and what not. Run to Zelenogorsk and do the same. Maybe search for some crashsites and you go out with a full kitted character.

Plus many bugs you listed have nothing to do with persistence but with the 0.52 patch. It introduced some minor bugs.

Maybe it is a good idea to disable persistence until end of january. Eugen Harton said that Persistence problems will be tackled in january.

I definitely want to have persistance. Right now, let alone military gears, it's even hard to find food. But the inablibity to skin animals is making it impossible to survive. I'm definitely for persistance, but not with the bugs it has at the moment.

Those problems are mostly related to persistance, as in a non-persistant server I don't encounter any of those.

Offline \K9/ Nazgully

• The Bandits
  • Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +2/-5
  • Ehh
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): \K9/ Nazgully
  • What kind of player are you?: Trader
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2014, 02:06:15 PM »
Please turn off the Presistence, there is no loot anywhere, this kinda sucks. :(

Nazgully | K9 Clan | IT WAS NOT ME!!!!!

Offline \K9/ Bismarck

• The Bandits
  • Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +28/-16
  • TRANCE ENERGY
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Otto
  • What kind of player are you?: Psycho/Cannibal
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2014, 02:26:46 PM »
Please turn off the Presistence, there is no loot anywhere, this kinda sucks. :(
+1

Otto von Bismarck | K9 Clan | Video & Graphic designer