Username: Password:

Author Topic: K O S - Kill on sight  (Read 5508 times)

Offline Caddyshack

• The Bandits
  • Survivor
  • Bullets: +5/-3
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Caddyshack
  • What kind of player are you?: Bandit
Re: K O S - Kill on sight
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2014, 11:38:11 PM »
Can't really hurt to philosophize about Playstyles. For Example: Some Days ago on another Server i more or less ran into a Group of 3 heavy armed Guys in Cherno. I was relative Fresh Spawn and tried to run away unseen, but they spotted me and went after me. One Guy told me to stop, pointing his Gun at me. I surrendered and they told me to follow them into a house. They wanted to search me for Items and asked me to drop my Stuff, so they can search it. I did so, but unfortunately one of the Guys was too nervous, to not handcuff me. AFter all, they let me live, but had no fucking Key for the handcuffs ^^ They told me, they are sorry and instructed me, how i could come free of the handcuffs... and leaved. I tried to get free, but after 5 Mins i decidet to respawn, i had not much anyway. In the End it was a kill by them, but its one i dont regret... because there was some social interaction. The Game has more to offer then TDM-Gameplay. Of Course its okay to get KOS SOMETIMES... but estimated 29 out of 30 Times of all encounters?? KOS is simply overdone, this overdose frustrates others and sooner or later they also play like that.

People are pretty stubborn about changing their play styles, if you don't KOS then prepare for it and mold your play style around it.
#1 Troll on Oldschool

>MRW I wake up and remember I'm an American
http://i.imgur.com/a1iaZjt.gif

Offline Aim-iliO (Admin)

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Bullets: +60/-27
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Aim-iliO
  • What kind of player are you?: Survivor
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2014, 11:46:13 PM »
Thats the trick, be prepared that the other one could try to KOS . And of course a Riders Jacket (she has not a lot of camo, but protects best against bullets).
I'm the friendliest guy in Chernarus if you kill me I will be reborn, but if you kill my friends.... I WILL COME FOR YOU!

Offline [GLH]Mystic

• Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): [GLH]Mystic
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2014, 07:12:22 AM »
Riders Jacket? Is that a crafted one?

Offline Aim-iliO (Admin)

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Bullets: +60/-27
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Aim-iliO
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2014, 08:30:43 AM »
No, its the black leather jacket
I'm the friendliest guy in Chernarus if you kill me I will be reborn, but if you kill my friends.... I WILL COME FOR YOU!

Offline SiameseAlmeida

• Survivor
  • Bullets: +14/-3
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): SiameseAlmeida
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2014, 11:36:23 AM »

What's the exact name of the crafted jacket? I want to see how it looks.

Also, the option to cut a sleeve off the rider's jacket -- when?

Offline Racoonman

• Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • Swedish deathblues
  • Playername (DayZ): Racoonman
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2015, 03:49:47 PM »
People play the game differently ofcourse. Some people maybe only want to grow tomatoes, kill zombies and make friends, or whatever.

I mostly like to powergame, go inland, almost always lone-wolfing, spot people before they see me and kill them.

But imo there is a lot of hypocrisy going around concerning killing in DayZ. Most everyone likes combat but everyone also wants to be the good guy; the guy who shoots because he "has to" or because he was being shot at first. These people go out looking for trouble by visiting coastal hubs, making seemingly innocent generic conversation with random coastal tourists, often running in circles around them to not be an easy target UNTIL: either literally nothing happens or shit goes down, enabling PvP with a "clear conscience". You can see it all the time on semipopular youtube channels with goofy music playing in the background 90% of the time. These guys are the real KOSers, instigating dangerous situations.

I often see the argument "its a survival game" and therefore it should make sense to stick together as survivors. That makes sense IN THE REAL WORLD. But in this game true survival is keeping to yourself, staying out of trouble, find food and stay dry. You tried to talk to someone and you died; sadly you just lost at survival. Humans are the most dangerous species in DayZ.