Username: Password:

Author Topic: "Beta". And now?  (Read 782 times)

Offline Zrix

• Verified Player (whitelist)
  • Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +2/-0
  • .22 aficionado
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Zrix
  • What kind of player are you?: Survivor
Re: "Beta". And now?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2018, 04:50:07 PM »
Hopefully the player count stays high after the free weekend and beyond, but with the current state of the game and the official servers I'm doubtful. Sadly.

Offline Cellander

• Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Cellander
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2019, 10:56:05 PM »
  • Added: Expanded admin logs (player positions, deaths and received hits)

Taken from the latest DayZ experimental changelog:

https://forums.dayz.com/topic/243160-experimental-update-10150408/

Could this be one step closer to reopening DayZ Old School n4ttl?

Offline xTM

• Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): xTM
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2019, 07:31:43 PM »
Looks like they finally found a solution for persistence errors, fixed vehicles flying to orbit and improved the server performance. I dodged 1.0 (lel) for those reasons but will give it a try now. Oldschool never dies!

Offline n4ttl

• Administrator
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Bullets: +89/-84
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): n4ttl
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2019, 05:56:14 AM »
Frankly, I don't know. I am so disappointed that I haven't played DayZ since Christmas.
But never say never.
Oldschool DayZ Hardcore - We are the north
www.oldschooldayz.net

Offline MaVerick[LAS]

• Freshspawn
    • View Profile
    • GermanDayZ.de
  • Playername (DayZ): MaVerick[LAS]
  • What kind of player are you?: Bandit
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2019, 06:26:51 PM »
Looks like they finally found a solution for persistence errors, fixed vehicles flying to orbit and improved the server performance. I dodged 1.0 (lel) for those reasons but will give it a try now. Oldschool never dies!

Sadly they didn't, at least not the first one. Its basicly the same automatic persistence backup system that was already available via community. The only difference is that the workaround is now official. Data can still corrupt due to crashes and, afaik, restoring a backup is still a manual thing.

Still hoping for an oldschool comeback though. The more living through this hell, the merrier.

Offline n4ttl

• Administrator
  • Zombie Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2019, 09:20:27 PM »
Bohemia Interactive is no reliable and trustworthy partner. They change stuff, interfaces without prior warning. For the average modder who is usually a computer science student with too much time this is no problem because the love to code. I am a high paid freelance IT professional -- for the time I develop stuff for DayZ that does not work because BI changed everything again with the next patch, I can earn several thousands of Euro. As long as I was on the hypetrain it was kind of a hobby. But frankly I lost most of my trust in the Devteam. And we were (and Aim still is) in a private FB-group with Eugen and Co since 2015. If I would get a dime for every promise Eugen made and then broke I would be rich.

The only way I could imagine doing Oldschool again would be if DayZ had the same maturity as Arma 3 (with editor and stuff). Doubt that this will *ever* happen.

There is a saying: "Don't ride a dead horse."  I fear DayZ is a dead horse. Just look at Steamstats and Twitch-Viewer-count...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 09:22:23 PM by n4ttl »
www.oldschooldayz.net

Offline Danjo-47

• Freshspawn
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Danjo
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2019, 09:48:58 AM »
Why not create a survey on the forum to know how many people would be interested to play on Oldschool server ?

Offline n4ttl

• Administrator
  • Zombie Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2019, 12:58:29 PM »
Why not create a survey on the forum to know how many people would be interested to play on Oldschool server ?

For what reason? That 15 jobless people vote that I should work for free? This is no fuckin' communist "democracy" ;)

Kiddin'.

Seriously: to keep a 60 slot server filled up at prime time (ie. 6.00 pm - 1.00 am) you need a pool of approximately 3500 - 5000 active players (people who are regularily playing on Oldschool, maybe not every day, but always coming back). DayZ has now worldwide not even 6000 concurrent people playing on average. https://steamcharts.com/app/221100 The party is over, no matter what the hardcore fanboys tell you at Reddit and the DayZ forums.
www.oldschooldayz.net

Offline n4ttl

• Administrator
  • Zombie Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2019, 01:02:31 PM »
Quote from: MaVerick[LAS
Still hoping for an oldschool comeback though. The more living through this hell, the merrier.
We waited five years for a promise not to be fulfilled. I see no reason in continuing to hope for the better.  It will not change. Yes, Namalsk will bring another peak of players, but after three weeks its over. I will only come back if a wonder happens and the game really works with all the features Eugen promised (both officially and on Facebook). Doubt this will happen.
www.oldschooldayz.net