Username: Password:

Author Topic: The path of Oldschool  (Read 1148 times)

Offline Aim-iliO (Admin)

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Bullets: +60/-27
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Aim-iliO
  • What kind of player are you?: Survivor
The path of Oldschool
« on: June 21, 2017, 09:16:26 AM »
Morning ladies,

the last months have not been very successful. Bohemia takes some time with content and bug fixing (This patch could have been done by me with paint.exe) so that big streamers are not playing Dayz anymore. Oldschool is in the top 10 of world Wide server ranking!

No streamers, no interest in the game.
No interest, no playerbase.

You could count big servers which are closing one by one. UKA was the last of the big servers who shut down his Hardcore/1p server. But there where a lot before. And not small servers.. We are talking about UN which existed for ages. Grumpy Old Gamers.. Which where also big.

In the end there is only 2 remaining hardcore servers. Dayz Underground , which is mainly supported by bohemia, has Admins as moderators on Reddit and according to rumours also moderates the official Dayz Forums.

And Oldschool in his 3rd year. Independent, Liberal, with hard working staff to make your game experience unique.
But in the last few months we never reached the 118,13 Euros of donations we need to keep the server up.
Yes we have some savings but if we continue like that, I don't know if we will make it to BETA.

All the Old Oldsmobile who where the base donators are not playing anymore and the randoms who are playing now on Oldschool since the server is not whitelisted are not really into the community and not interested in keeping it up.

Will Oldschool go down in a few months?

Its up to you.

And that's why I said in the beginning.... "The last months have not been very successful."

I'm the friendliest guy in Chernarus if you kill me I will be reborn, but if you kill my friends.... I WILL COME FOR YOU!

Offline PatientZeя0

Re: The path of Oldschool
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 12:05:05 AM »
Sad times indeed.

Offline xTM

• Verified Player (whitelist)
  • Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): xTM
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 12:58:41 AM »
All the Old Oldsmobile who where the base donators are not playing anymore and the randoms who are playing now on Oldschool since the server is not whitelisted are not really into the community and not interested in keeping it up.

The server isn't whitelisted anymore?

Offline Ruttley

• The Peacekeepers
  • Bambi
  • Bullets: +0/-1
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Ruttley
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 04:49:13 AM »
The death of DayZ is painful to watch
Best courier pigeon in all Chernarus.

Offline Aim-iliO (Admin)

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 07:57:25 AM »
[

You need to be whitelisted to see your stats, but the whitelist does not prevent you to be kicked from the server. Ther reasons are the low playerbase.
I'm the friendliest guy in Chernarus if you kill me I will be reborn, but if you kill my friends.... I WILL COME FOR YOU!

Offline xTM

• Freshspawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 03:42:13 PM »

You need to be whitelisted to see your stats, but the whitelist does not prevent you to be kicked from the server. Ther reasons are the low playerbase.

Since when? I had friends joining me on this server just last week and they had to get whitelisted before they could join.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 03:44:27 PM by xTM »

Offline [PE]hleV

• The Bandits
  • Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): [PE]hleV
  • What kind of player are you?: Bandit
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 06:00:22 PM »
We could threaten DUG.

"Pay us and we'll leave you alone. Don't and we'll join your server and proceed to kill everyone over and over again."

Offline Aim-iliO (Admin)

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 08:44:10 PM »

Since when? I had friends joining me on this server just last week and they had to get whitelisted before they could join.

Usualy we turn the whitelist on after each pach so that te regulars have a bigger chance to try it out. Most likely the whitelist was turned on for a few weeks (I was on holiday for 3 1/2 weeks) and now its off again.

Offline n4ttl

• Administrator
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Bullets: +89/-84
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): n4ttl
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 09:50:39 PM »
We tried to run the server whitelisted two weeks ago, but a lot of people are just not interested in going through the process anymore. Thanks to the queue, getting into the game is not that painful anymore.

Also there is no playerbase anymore. During the best times we had about 15.000 active players now its barely 3000 and the whitelist is turned off.
Oldschool DayZ Hardcore - We are the north
www.oldschooldayz.net

Offline Astalonte

• Freshspawn
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Astalonte
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 04:13:14 PM »
There must be something we could do. We still have a good amount of players. 120 euros is not money if a few donate.. Try to do something the game will bounce back once in beta (hopefully). You have all my support .

Offline honeyiscool

• Freshspawn
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): honeyiscool
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2017, 05:35:11 PM »
If everyone donates just a little bit every other month, it should be fine.

Offline Misanthrope

• Freshspawn
  • No one recovers from the disease of being born.
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Misanthrope
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2017, 08:42:18 PM »
I will donate on the 7th of every month as long there is a server i can donate to.
-Misanthrope
The multiplication of our kind borders on the obscene; the duty to love them, on the preposterous.

Offline xTM

• Freshspawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2017, 01:36:47 PM »
Honestly I think disabling whitelist is counterproductive to the issue of missing donates. New players won't even get in touch with this site and it's community, while some of the old members will eventually switch servers because of not getting a slot. Being 30th in queue midweek made me change server already. Will be back for whitelist weekend though. If this event is a success you could consider turning on whitelist permanently. ;)

Offline n4ttl

• Administrator
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Bullets: +89/-84
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): n4ttl
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2017, 02:33:28 PM »
Honestly I think disabling whitelist is counterproductive to the issue of missing donates. New players won't even get in touch with this site and it's community, while some of the old members will eventually switch servers because of not getting a slot. Being 30th in queue midweek made me change server already. Will be back for whitelist weekend though. If this event is a success you could consider turning on whitelist permanently. ;)

I have now more than two years of experiencing with whitelisting a DayZ server. The situation chanced dramatically in the last two years. In  the past people wanted to get whitelisted and they went through the process of getting on this list more than willingly. Nowadays they don't. Why? Because of the queue -- there is no pain in waiting in a queue compared to the constant spamming server browser for half an hour. If they get kicked they simply enter the queue of another, non-whitelisted server and never register.

However we understand the pain for whitelisted members that they want to play at primetime and can't. It is the very same situation for members of the admin team. Unfortunately Bohemia deactivated the reserved slots functionality, which would have helped here...

Turning on the whitelist 24/7 is a no go because the server would be empty quickly. You have a turnaround of approximately 1 player in a minute (ie. somebody logging out, and another one logging in), on a typical prime time evening there are about 300 different players playing on the server (two years ago it was about 800-1000 different people). We have turned it on permanently -- after two days the first regulars were demanding we turn off the whitelist. It is like that, what can I do.

What we are doing now is to introduce whitelist weekends like DUG does -- this means on weekends there will be a whitelist and hopefully we will get some registrations. http://oldschooldayz.net/index.php/topic,1774.0.html

So hope to see you next whitelist weekend.
Oldschool DayZ Hardcore - We are the north
www.oldschooldayz.net

Offline honeyiscool

• Freshspawn
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): honeyiscool
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2017, 05:45:13 PM »
I think whitelistweekend is a very good idea the way m4ttl describes. Its at least worth a shot. Out of curiosity though, if someone joins will they get a message like "whitelist weekend, whitelist at..."?

If so I think that would increase the chances of people actually whitelisting.