Username: Password:

Linked Events

• Bartertown at Polana, 18 pm CET: February 05, 2017

Author Topic: [Event] Bartertown 5. Feb 2017  (Read 1061 times)

Offline HAL (Admin)

• Global Moderator
  • Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +2/-0
  • NO!
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): HAL
  • What kind of player are you?: Survivor
[Event] Bartertown 5. Feb 2017
« on: January 27, 2017, 01:42:33 PM »
Bartertown is a friendly event in Polana. We won't tolerate any violence on the premises, so there is a strict ban of shooting during the event in the area of Polana. People not willing to accept this risk a ban from this server.

We are looking forward seeing you on one of the trading events in the lovely town of Polana!

- - -
Bartertown will be on the first Sunday of every month, starting at 8.00 pm CET and it will happen in Polana, Chernarus.
- - -
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 12:55:35 PM by HAL »

Offline [B-H]KurwaBlyet

• Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +0/-1
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): [B-H]KurwaBlyet
  • What kind of player are you?: Psycho/Cannibal
Re: [Event] Bartertown 5. Feb 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 03:57:31 AM »
Could you define "area of Polana" more accurately?  I.E are Gorka, Orlovets and Shakhovka considered sacred ground during the event?
Hi, I'm kind of <not> a big deal.

Offline n4ttl

• Administrator
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Bullets: +89/-84
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): n4ttl
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 09:44:28 AM »
This question arises every time. 

Polana and surroundings yes. Factory most probably yes. Orlovets, Shakovka, Dolina, Gorka no.

Shooting into the zone from outside is also not what we expect you to do. Event usually is from 8.00 pm CET until 10.00 pm CET, but we call it off sooner when there are no people around anymore. Monitor the shoutbox.

If you are unsure whether firing is allowed from your position or not, better don't do it.
Oldschool DayZ Hardcore - We are the north
www.oldschooldayz.net

Offline [B-H]KurwaBlyet

• Freshspawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 03:35:58 PM »
Cheers n4ttl!
Just so that.. No mistakes "happen".

Is it common that people camp the outskirts (exit kills), or is it more common to just log out when you're done bartering?

Offline Aim-iliO (Admin)

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Bullets: +60/-27
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Aim-iliO
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 07:33:43 PM »
Cheers n4ttl!
Just so that.. No mistakes "happen".

Is it common that people camp the outskirts (exit kills), or is it more common to just log out when you're done bartering?

of course there could be roadblocks, Check your back frequently, come to bartertown in big groups, leave in big groups. Its the savest. Don't stop in the next town to loot, drink, or eat. dont ad new members to your group during bartertown, shortly before or after. Only Bartertown is protected by the admins, but not what is happening before or after bartertown.
I'm the friendliest guy in Chernarus if you kill me I will be reborn, but if you kill my friends.... I WILL COME FOR YOU!

Offline madaxe

• Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): madaxe
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 08:41:04 AM »
this sunday i visited bartertown by random chance. I did not know what town i was in, I wasnt aware that the event was happening. Yes, there is a chance i did not read the text on the bottom. But my point is that i was kind of a fresh spawn ( with a gun) and just happend to be in polana at that time. Some of the guys from B-H saw me and for a minute i was considering if I should run or shoot at him.
He felt friendly so i start to talk with him instead.

So, what if i shot him ? would I be perma banned?
because, im not sure if that ok with me.
First of all i would be innocent since i was aware of the event, and where I was .
Second, dayz is an open world survivor with NO RULES. and that the beauty of it.

This is just my opinion. I love this server. I will always be an Oldschool guy.

Offline n4ttl

• Administrator
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Bullets: +89/-84
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): n4ttl
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 11:21:04 AM »
Oldschool is a community with a forum. So you get a benefit from visiting the forums and actively discussing here.

The server event Bartertown has been promoted in every starting message for the last two years at least. It is no excuse to say that you did not read what is standing there.  There are server rules and everybody joining the servers agrees the server rules (the welcoming message also shows this text: By joining this server you agree to the server rules found at www.oldschooldayz.net). You are not innocent when you steal but were not aware that stealing is a crime.  Ignorantia juris non excusat -- Ignorance of the law excuses not.

I will not defend the non shooting rule for Bartertown again because I have done it numerous times, just search the forum. It is like that, it is two hours a month. Accept it as it is.
Oldschool DayZ Hardcore - We are the north
www.oldschooldayz.net

Offline [B-H]KurwaBlyet

• Freshspawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 06:47:06 PM »
this sunday i visited bartertown by random chance. I did not know what town i was in, I wasnt aware that the event was happening. Yes, there is a chance i did not read the text on the bottom. But my point is that i was kind of a fresh spawn ( with a gun) and just happend to be in polana at that time. Some of the guys from B-H saw me and for a minute i was considering if I should run or shoot at him.
He felt friendly so i start to talk with him instead.

So, what if i shot him ? would I be perma banned?
because, im not sure if that ok with me.
First of all i would be innocent since i was aware of the event, and where I was .
Second, dayz is an open world survivor with NO RULES. and that the beauty of it.

This is just my opinion. I love this server. I will always be an Oldschool guy.

Haha, I remember this encounter. I was sort of prepared that you would shoot at me, but I gave you the benefit of doubt because Bartertown, y' kno.