Username: Password:

Author Topic: Oldschool VIP membership and the reserved slots  (Read 800 times)

Offline n4ttl

• Administrator
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Bullets: +89/-84
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): n4ttl
  • What kind of player are you?: Survivor
Oldschool VIP membership and the reserved slots
« on: December 21, 2016, 08:13:34 PM »
Just to make it short: reserved slots do not work in 0.61. Somehow they (Bohemia, or Battleye or Fragnet or whoever) have fucked it up again -- currently the BEC has some issues talking with the DayZ server. We try to fix that with our GSP but I have no idea if they actually can do anything.

I could write a programm that does what Battleye does with the reserved slots: when a new player joins and there is just one slot free and he is not on the VIP list, he gets kicked with a message. So if I'm not playing over the holydays I could write it. We will see...

At this point I want to clarify a common misunderstanding in the community about the new DayZ queue and the reserved slots. When we have reserved slots and you are Oldschool VIP it still does mean you have to wait in the queue. Its two different things. The queue is managed by the DayZ server, the reserved slots are managed by Battleye. It just means that the queue is emptied faster because every time a slot becomes available (ie. 59/60) a connecting player who is not VIP would be kicked with the "Only Oldschool VIPs have access to reserved slots."-message. So it will be much faster for VIPs to get in game while pissing off non-VIPs at the same time ;) This is one of the reasons why I am not sure if this is a good idea to have the reserved slots running alongside the queue.

Problem for us is that the VIP programm is a way to finance the server, because the 5 bucks for a 1-month membership directly go to our GSP fragnet. So no VIP program means some problems funding the server. So it is really appreciated if you would help us out by donating some money (every dime helps) in order to keep this service running.

Luv u, u r the best :D

Oldschool DayZ Hardcore - We are the north
www.oldschooldayz.net

Offline Aim-iliO (Admin)

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Bullets: +60/-27
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Aim-iliO
  • What kind of player are you?: Survivor
Re: Oldschool VIP membership and the reserved slots
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 10:45:37 AM »
The question is keeƶ with the vip program or forget it !
I'm the friendliest guy in Chernarus if you kill me I will be reborn, but if you kill my friends.... I WILL COME FOR YOU!