Username: Password:

Author Topic: Combat Logging  (Read 4377 times)

Offline n4ttl

• Administrator
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Bullets: +89/-84
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): n4ttl
  • What kind of player are you?: Survivor
Re: Combat Logging
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2015, 05:14:09 PM »
IF a player was hit by another player he is NOT allowed to log out within five minutes after the hit. If he or she does so it is considered as combat logging.

Please note that if a player just logs out when he sees another group there will be no penalty (or better: there is no way to find out if a logout in this case was intentional or not).

So i had this situation where i killed a dude who fired shots at me first and after i waited for mates to arrive and noone showed up, i logged out. It was uninentionally and probably because i was thrilled.
I got a warning because only 3 minutes were over and i got that. Fair enough, it was not a nice move to leave game but like i said - i wasnt aware of this new rule at just that moment.

Later i checked the rule in the forums again and like i quoted above it says that i have to be hit to not be allowed to logg out. This clearly did not happen. The logg i got sent can prove that.

I asked admins to reconsider the decision, with no result. So i would like this rule, wich i like - dont get me wrong - to be changed into "if a player is involved in a combat situation ...." or the admins to withdraw my penalty because you know, noone likes to be blamed for nothing.

I hope this comes not as flamy as it reads. You guys do a great job, and i like to play on oldschool. Keep on!

Sry for bad english

Your situation was quite obvious, because you logged in a combat situation -- you killed one and logged before the others get you. If I were you, I would not have brought up the situation here in the forum, because I was contacting you directly without anybody telling about the situation. Now you exposed yourself. But this is your decision. We will change the rules for combat logging anyway as our parsing program gets more and more sophisticated with each iteration.
Oldschool DayZ Hardcore - We are the north
www.oldschooldayz.net

Offline CitM

• Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): [FAT] CitM
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2015, 08:31:44 PM »
I also think the situation was quite obvious. Just wanted to give a hint about that disadvantageous spelling of the combatlogging rule.

I dont have a problem with "exposing" myself. I had a fair fight 1v1 and unfortunately logged out of the game after 3 min (and not immediately after), dont thinking about that rule. I did not flee and i did not duck out. This will, for sure, not happen again. Next time ill get all of them  :o

Anyway, thanks for reply. Keep up your good work.

Offline Zyccy

• Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +0/-0
  • Good... Bad... i'm the guy with the gun.
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Zyccy
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2015, 09:21:28 PM »
i just started playing regulary again and stumbled across this thread. first off great work making a script against combat logging, however i had a question about it. this situation happened to me today. so i was in a fight and fled into a house, after about 10 mins the guy chasing me enters (not sure if he was still expecting me to be around, but fleeing was too risky for me so i hid) i blast off my shotgun and his bloody corpse collapsed right in the doorway and blocks the only entrance. i looted everything and after being unable to leave i logged off, i think it was within that 5 minute frame.

now since i did shoot him and then logged off within the set ammount of time this is by your definition combat logging right? dont get me wrong its great you have a script and now that i know i can just wait longer after a fight but in my case it wasnt really combat logging because the fight was over. will i still receive a penalty over this?

keep up the good work.
This world's divided into two kinds of people: the hunter and the hunted. Luckily I'm the hunter. Nothing can change that.

Offline Challe

• Freshspawn
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Challe
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2015, 10:28:46 AM »
How did you guys know the player didn´t have a friend who overwatch from a position he could not get a shot, and  then was running a circle around you to get in position within 5 minuts?

Offline Salgon

• Verified Player (whitelist)
  • Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +0/-1
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Salgon
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2015, 12:58:46 PM »
How did you guys know the player didn´t have a friend who overwatch from a position he could not get a shot, and  then was running a circle around you to get in position within 5 minuts?
Which "player"? The one who shot or the one who got hit?

The rule is as easy as one two three. There is no situation, you can not wait 5 minutes after shooting someone, which is not combat logging.
After you shot someone just stay for minimum 5 minutes on the server.

Offline TheZohan

• Freshspawn
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): TheZohan
  • What kind of player are you?: Hero
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2015, 08:46:01 PM »
i just started playing regulary again and stumbled across this thread. first off great work making a script against combat logging, however i had a question about it. this situation happened to me today. so i was in a fight and fled into a house, after about 10 mins the guy chasing me enters (not sure if he was still expecting me to be around, but fleeing was too risky for me so i hid) i blast off my shotgun and his bloody corpse collapsed right in the doorway and blocks the only entrance. i looted everything and after being unable to leave i logged off, i think it was within that 5 minute frame.

now since i did shoot him and then logged off within the set ammount of time this is by your definition combat logging right? dont get me wrong its great you have a script and now that i know i can just wait longer after a fight but in my case it wasnt really combat logging because the fight was over. will i still receive a penalty over this?

keep up the good work.

Firsty, this is really impressive work N4ttl!! Had no idea this was being worked on but it is a brilliant idea.

and secondly Zyccy, carry a knife, if you ever have a body block your path just place the knife in your hands and skin it.

Offline Burlap

• Verified Player (whitelist)
  • Freshspawn
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): .
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2015, 11:20:00 PM »
It would be nice to have this added to the server rules for all to see.

Offline Miller

• Donator
  • Survival Expert
  • Bullets: +12/-40
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): [SQL]Miller
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2015, 12:09:28 PM »
It would be nice to have this added to the server rules for all to see.
Same topic, Scroll a little bit down.
http://imgur.com/oFFS5SU