Username: Password:

Author Topic: Multiple accounts... unfair or negligible  (Read 2166 times)

Offline Aim-iliO (Admin)

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Bullets: +60/-27
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Aim-iliO
  • What kind of player are you?: Survivor
Multiple accounts... unfair or negligible
« on: April 18, 2016, 11:58:00 AM »
I have got send this clip by an Oldschooler

and before I tell my opinion, I would like to hear yours.

Is it a good thing, a bad thing, not worth to talk about... . What are your arguments for or against having serveral accounts on one server.

I'm the friendliest guy in Chernarus if you kill me I will be reborn, but if you kill my friends.... I WILL COME FOR YOU!

Offline LuckyPantz

• The Bandits
  • Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +1/-0
  • The weight of my conscience is lighter than air.
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): LuckyPantz
  • What kind of player are you?: Bandit
Re: Multiple accounts... unfair or negligible
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 12:08:02 PM »
Since i started my whole dayz life as a lone wolfer.. always like the part where you can only blame yourself as if anything bad happens, for me a 2nd account has always been something i had..
i use it for various things.. personal camp, (donkey) 2nd chans, yeah for loads of things.. and in some situations i could prolly call it unfair.. but im not gonna do it. since everybody have the same chans of having a 2nd account.. (2nd account doesnt mean everything is free and simple) you still gotta put in the same time and work to get where you are as everybody els.. i wouldnt say its anything wrong with you wasting your money on having 2 accounts.. if you can afford 100 accounts with dayz on it..(this would still bug me abit..) but its still something thats up to you and mostly nobody els.
your money, your time, your freedom ! :-)

Big shout out to all lone wolfers with their 2nd accounts <3
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 12:13:26 PM by LuckyPantz »
Progress is equal to the effort you put into something!

Offline Miller

• Donator
  • Survival Expert
  • Bullets: +12/-40
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): [SQL]Miller
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 12:58:24 PM »
I almost got killed the same way, Kill  a guy, Check his name, 2 minutes later a guy looking similar comes to kill me, I kill him, Same name. I think somewhere its unfair.

Offline Yorlik

• Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +0/-4
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): BillyTheSquid
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 01:11:10 PM »
I most of the time play lone wolf and I think a second account is basically a metagaming means which gives an unfair advantage against other players who don't. The situations where it plays an important role might be negligible, but they exist - you die, log in with your alt and have a second life, e.g. players having 2 or more accounts near NWA, Myshkino tents or other military / high loot areas. I understand that playing a lone wolf can be hard, but thats realistic - a group always has synergistic effects.

On the other hands groups using TS and not in game chat also have a sort of metagaming means to increase their advantage.

Basically it's a decision of the server admins / community how you want to run a server and there are different possible flavors of that.

But there are means/tactics I personally find lame:
- OFC cheating of any kind
- On public servers: Off-server base building and storage, ghosting
- On all servers: Multiple accounts, Metagaming by abusing out of game channels like TS or adding people on Steam to gain trust
- Grey zone: KOS I generally find lame and plain boring, except in Military areas and declared PvP zones (like Cherno and Elektro on most servers). Bandits who KOS imo are also lame - a cool bandit overwhelms his victim, takes the loot and gets away without killing - otherwise its plain dumb murder.

The bottom line is - it is way too easy to kill players in DayZ if you really want to, there are too many snipers so it has developed into a sniper game, it is too much loot dependant and metagaming gives too many advantages. DayZ after all is an unbalanced game and needs per server, community agreed gentleman agreements to really work and be fun.

EDIT: Using an alt account to play together with a buddy or group and start off where you left IMO is totally legit and doesn't pose a problem. Abusing it to gain a second life after a lost fight though is.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 06:05:46 PM by Yorlik »

Offline amikkal

• Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +2/-2
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): amikkal
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 02:53:50 PM »
When you escalate this "tactic", and everybody has parked, say, six neatly distributed characters on the airfield, it turns into a weird deathmatch game that has almost nothing to do with my view of dayz, as i think that permadeath is one of it's main aspects.

What about squads that just won't die out because they'll just keep on ghosting in?

Reeks a bit of pay to win too.

I don't have anything against a second account that one may use as loot donkey or whatever, but using a second (3rd, 4th...) account to have bonus lifes in the same fight seems wrong to me.

Offline Iagom

• Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +2/-2
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Asrael
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 04:23:22 PM »
Since i can remember Ppls try to get an advantage with  an 2nd. account in computergames  and its not rare that this case of tricking is  forbidden. ( For example ESL = 12 pps  , youre out )

Those extra accounts   are not forced to a single Person and not even the  number of those Chars are regulated ,   ringer accounts are dirty in my eyes and all other  than legit if  a guy gets an 2nd chance on the NWA for example.

But I know for  a bit longer that  alot  Players Use a second char and never complained against it ,  maybe cause i cant realize it if i died by a ringor char .

As an  loney  Iam outnumbered anyway on Oldschool.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 06:15:11 PM by Iagom »

Offline Moe the Blind

• Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +1/-1
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Moe the Blind
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 09:01:27 PM »
I have even three accounts. Normally I had two but I got another one gifted from a buddy.

The main reason was that I distinguished between group play and lone wolfing, I wanted to be independent and for example stay where the group logged out, or at least in the area. With the second one I roam the whole map basically.

But I honestly despise the meta use to re-enter a specific fight. That is just weak and I would never do that. This use of the secondary should be disallowed in the server rules imho.

Offline n4ttl

• Administrator
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Bullets: +89/-84
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): n4ttl
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2016, 11:03:23 PM »
What this guy does is absolutely lame. This does not make a second accound bad though.
Oldschool DayZ Hardcore - We are the north
www.oldschooldayz.net

Offline Inspector Marc

• The Bandits
  • Bambi
  • Bullets: +1/-1
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Inspector Marc
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 04:11:19 PM »
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 10:05:26 AM by Inspector Marc »

Offline iDie

• Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +0/-1
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): iDie
  • What kind of player are you?: Trader
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 09:07:21 PM »
Hi guys,
To me, it's a little bit unfair but can be used with a lot of ethics.
I personally use a second account on this server.
I'm using the account of a friend of mine, I play with him sometimes but it's quiet rare.
Like Inspector Marc, I'm mainly using it to play alone or to play with some others friends that don't play much, so I log out with them in a specific location,
When they log in several time after to play for an hour, I log in with this second account to play directly with them.
I'm also using it to find some loot I need for my main character, but it's more rare.
I had several time the occasion to do what the asshole in the video did,
I got killed when my second character was 200m away and I didn't took my second character to go kill my murderer.
Because to me this is cheating...
But to me, this is also a legal cheat in the same way:
https://forums.dayz.com/topic/232151-respawn-far-away-from-your-death-location/
like i say on this topic on the official dayz forum, you should not have a second chance on a game like DayZ.
So I will personaly be favorable to a system which can give to admin a view of people using multiple account and ban them if they kill or try to attack with their second account the guy who killed them with their main account.
But maybe this will never happen and having multiple account will cause players to get banned.
If so, I would like to be prevent from this please :P
cya.
In the wrong place, at the wrong time...

Offline 6x30recon

• Bambi
  • Bullets: +0/-5
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): 6x30recon
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2016, 09:02:35 PM »
old topic but i aint been here much lately. i think second account is very bad, 1 player = 1 character is my view.
anything else is artificial. i dont even like barrels and camps, because it sjust liek running back to a second life,  less reasson to care about dying, but second characters is worst i think.

Offline n4ttl

• Administrator
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Bullets: +89/-84
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): n4ttl
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 07:33:06 AM »
Its a cheesy playstyle if you use multiple accounts to get an unfair advantage over other players.
Oldschool DayZ Hardcore - We are the north
www.oldschooldayz.net

Offline Znacks

• Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): =UN= Znacks
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2016, 03:52:00 PM »
His channel has a follow up that is worth watching.
Pardon my spelling, I'm 'merican.