Username: Password:

Author Topic: This is how a cheater looks like !  (Read 2796 times)

Offline Aim-iliO (Admin)

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Bullets: +60/-27
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Aim-iliO
  • What kind of player are you?: Survivor
This is how a cheater looks like !
« on: February 29, 2016, 09:10:42 AM »
After discussing it, we decided that from now on, will will post every cheater we cought on OS, so that you can see why we banned him. In some cases we will ad some comments, in others only pictures.

I'm the friendliest guy in Chernarus if you kill me I will be reborn, but if you kill my friends.... I WILL COME FOR YOU!

Offline Aim-iliO (Admin)

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: This is how a cheater looks like !
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 09:12:49 AM »

« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 09:16:13 AM by Aim-iliO (Oldschool Administration Team) »
I'm the friendliest guy in Chernarus if you kill me I will be reborn, but if you kill my friends.... I WILL COME FOR YOU!

Offline Miller

• Donator
  • Survival Expert
  • Bullets: +12/-40
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): [SQL]Miller
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 11:26:40 AM »
It's good gaming carpet and not cheats :^)

Offline Aim-iliO (Admin)

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 11:37:40 AM »
I dont get it... what do you mean with gaming carpet?

Offline Salgon

• Verified Player (whitelist)
  • Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +0/-1
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Salgon
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 01:17:38 PM »
Can you explain me/us your decision to mark him/her as a cheater.
All I can see in the tables is, he is killing several people in a couple of minutes.

I do not want to challenge your decision, I just want to understand.
I am not as experienced in living in chernarus as you but I saw different videos (also from oldschool) where "Squad wipes" happened.

Thank you for your support in this case and in all other cases: running this server, host events etc.

Offline Aim-iliO (Admin)

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 01:42:58 PM »
All I can see in the tables is, he is killing several people in a couple of minutes.

I am not as experienced in living in chernarus as you but I saw different videos (also from oldschool) where "Squad wipes" happened.
Also alone the SB squad.

Thank you for your support in this case and in all other cases: running this server, host events etc.

No problem.

First of all, the best squads on Oldschool have an average KD of 1.85 ( this guy 30 ). The best players have a KD of 3.85 and 0.88 kills / hour.
this guy has almost 18 kills/hour... when did you see on Oldschool every 3 minutes 1 player when it was not an event?. So he killed for almost 2 hours every 3 minutes 1 person. This is only possible with teleporting and ESP. Then if you check his steam account, you will see, that he has his account not activated, which is a bit ... whatever you want.
He killed within 10 minutes the whole SoA squad.. alone.
within 3 minutes the SB squad.
He got banned, and did not complain... What would you do?

Usualy we check serveral times a day the Oldschool commander to get this guys, but normaly I only check players with more than 20 kills, because I saw players which had a run with a KD of 9 but at one point the good luck ends and their KD normalizes again.

Our experiance and plain statistics shows us what is possible and what not. But this counts only for Oldschool. We experianced that on Public server where most of the players are at the coast, higher KD's are possible.

I hope I explained it good enough. Any more questions?

Offline Affe(PB) (Admin)

• The Peacekeepers
  • Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +0/-0
  • Es ist genull nau Uhr!
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): [PK] Affe
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 01:45:30 PM »
You have to look at the login time and when he started killing people.
Also there are some people who got killed twice - in short time.
Also there are some well known players on the list. And thier whole squad got wiped almost 2 times?!
No way. If you look at the stats of other players you will notice a huge difference.

Offline Miles_

• Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +0/-0
  • SB
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Miles
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 06:10:43 PM »
Thanks for sharing this, after speaking to others who got killed by him in my mind it was dead certain but you never know 100%. Thats what i like about this server is that its pretty personal with the shoutbox and seeing the same people in game.

Offline 6x30recon

• Bambi
  • Bullets: +0/-5
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): 6x30recon
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 07:43:44 PM »
nice one

Offline MPWR

• Freshspawn
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): MPWR
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2016, 11:57:42 AM »
Very good topic

Offline n4ttl

• Administrator
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Bullets: +89/-84
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): n4ttl
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2016, 01:13:08 PM »

Telling if somebody is a cheater is most about statistics. We run this service now for more than two years and have a lot of experience in telling if a player is fishy or not. When you have the gaming data of several thousands of players including top squads and well known streamers you know how good they perform. The two values that are important to us are kill/death ratio (KDR) and kills/hour (i.e. how many kills did you scored during your total gametime on Oldschool). Since the admin logfiles are available we found out that usually a KDR of higher than 4 is highly suspicious. Usually very experienced northern PVP squad players on Oldschool have a KDR between 2.5 and 3.5. There are players who have a higher KDR but it is very difficult to get without hacks because you have to play very, very careful.

Problem with the KDR is that it gets more accurate the more data you have. So a player who just joined the server new and got lucky and killed seven people in a row before he got killed the first time would have a KDR of 7. Highly suspicious... but this depends how long he played the game. Did it take him two weeks or 30 minutes to kill 7?

Once we suspect a player of being fishy, we just take a look at his steam profile. There are several indicators which tell you that he is most probably a hacker:

- private steam profile
- owns only one game (DayZ) with less than 100 hours played
- has a VAC ban (or had one in the last year)

If one or more of these indicators are true you can be most probably sure that you have got a cheater.

We are very rigid with our rules and our policy against hackers and cheaters. I do not say that we do not have hackers on our server but compared to other servers the hacker problem can be mostly migitated. Currently we have more than 1100 bans on our banlist and nearly every day we add another one to this list.

Keep this in mind when you play on Oldschool DayZ Hardcore and realize that this is one of the most awesome and hacker free places to play DayZ Standalone :)

Oldschool DayZ Hardcore - We are the north
www.oldschooldayz.net

Offline iDie

• Freshspawn
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): iDie
  • What kind of player are you?: Trader
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2016, 01:25:15 PM »
Keep this in mind when you play on Oldschool DayZ Hardcore and realize that this is one of the most awesome and hacker free places to play DayZ Standalone :)

I'd probably agree with that if the whitelist was always ON...
In the wrong place, at the wrong time...

Offline n4ttl

• Administrator
  • Zombie Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2016, 03:24:23 PM »

I'd probably agree with that if the whitelist was always ON...
Its a kind of tradeoff. At the moment there are not so many people playing. If the whitelist is on then there are like max 20 players online. And then exactly the same people who complain that the whitelist is online are then complaining that nobody plays and wooosh... they switch servers to DayzUnderground or UKA.
www.oldschooldayz.net

Offline iDie

• Freshspawn
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): iDie
  • What kind of player are you?: Trader
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2016, 09:21:57 PM »
Well,
I will never complain about that,
As I said in the past, I prefer to play with 20 whitelisted players that are part of my community rather than 50 anonymous random players (with some cheaters in bonus) who are not part of my community.
N4ttl, I'm playing on this server cause it's whitelisted, just tell these guys who are complaining of the lack of players to go on a public server and to PVP on the coast like retards.
Nobody of the administration team answered me yesterday when I asked if the cheater who got banned was whitelisted or not, I take this as a no.
You are supposed to protect your players from cheaters on this server and the whitelist is the only thing which protect us (I know that some cheaters are dumb enought to lose time and to get whitelisted on our server to fuck us, but compared to a non whitelisted server, it's a cheater free server as you said)
I spent 10 hours to find some nettings three weeks ago, It's my last character on the 0.59 until the 0.60.
I will be mad if I'm getting killed by a cheater when the whitelist is ON, but I will kill myself IRL if I'm getting killed by a cheater when the whitelist is OFF because you will be "responsible" for that.
I know you guys think i'm a fucking pain in this ass, but that's it, that's my point of view and I don't think I'm alone to think that.
Have a good night, I love this server, I love what the admin team is doing, I've got a lot of respect for you, but I can't stand that you disable the whitelist from time to time to get a few more players, just wait the 0.60 and the server will be full again.

EDIT: Maybe you should open a public server like DayZ underground beside our current whitelisted server.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 09:27:13 PM by iDie »
In the wrong place, at the wrong time...

Offline n4ttl

• Administrator
  • Zombie Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2016, 10:36:17 PM »
iDie, we are not supposed to do anything. This is a free service and we are running it as a hobby. Nobody is forced to donate and nobody can demand something in return for a donation (this is why its called donating and not buying). You should show some gratidude for the work we have done in the last two years instead of making these outrageous demands. The server costs about 100 Euros a month no matter if its full or empty. I will not waste the money on an empty server. 0.60 will not be out before May (because it will run at least four weeks on experimental and it hasn't been rolled out there). The alternative to the whitelist is to cancel the server until .60 is out.

EDIT: Maybe you should open a public server like DayZ underground beside our current whitelisted server.

And who will pay for that? As I mentioned before, a server costs nearly 100 Euros a month. Its easy to make suggestions without ever having to think about the implications.
www.oldschooldayz.net