Username: Password:

Author Topic: Squadz - Which server has the best comunity !  (Read 2399 times)

Offline Aim-iliO (Admin)

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Bullets: +60/-27
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Aim-iliO
  • What kind of player are you?: Survivor
Squadz - Which server has the best comunity !
« on: February 21, 2016, 09:56:53 PM »
Squadz

The event is to define which server has the best players and best comunity. Somehow the communities should be included into the event. It also should make Dayz more atractive for more players. For that reason, this should be a championship between interested communities, where each comunity has to organize one event with the same rules. So if 7 communities will take part, 7 events will have to be organised. 1 by each community. Only communities out of this group should be allowed, as you have to trust that there should not be cheaters participating on the event. Also Bohemia is welcome to send an own squad to the events.

RULES

Each server names minimum 5 players, maximum 8 players for the Event.
The names must have [server name](squad name)Playername. For example [OS](SoA)Taipan. Players and squads don't have to be the same from event to event.

The GUID's of the players must be provided to the organisator. To be allowed as a player you must be a regular of the server with at least ¼ of the playtime compared to the player with most playtime in the latest patch.

In case there is a dedicated server only for this event provided by the organisator:
The organisator determines 2 dates where from 12 pm to 12 am all the registered squads get a password to gear up for the event. The registered squads can bring as many helping hands as they want to help them gearing or help them that the other squads can not gear up. Anything found on the map is allowed as gear. There is no limit of „helping hands“ for the squads.

The only limit: Everyone who wants to help gearing „their team“ must be whitelisted on a separate Whitelist, which will be activated for the gearing time. After 24 hours of gearing, the ammount of loot they got can be used for the event. Stashes, cars, trucks are allowed.

In case there is NOT a dedicated server only for this event provided by the organisator and the event will take place at the regular server where during the week are regulars playing:

The organisator determines 2 dates where from 12 pm to 12 am all the registered squads get a password to gear up for the event. The registered squads can bring as many helping hands as they want to help them gearing or help them that the other squads can not gear up. Anything found on the map is allowed as gear. There is no limit of „helping hands“ for the squads.

On the day of the event, only 5 of the 8 registered server squad members are allowed to start on any point of the map. The 3 aditional members, are allowed to join the game at any point of the game, if someone of their members logs out alive with former registration at the admins. But only if he has not been hit or hit someone within the last 10 minutes. The first player hast to leave the server, before the replacement is allowed to join.

A few minutes before the server starts, a map will be posted on a forum or homepage or facebookpage, where a certain location is markt something like this:

http://oldschooldayz.net/gallery/3_27_12_14_8_26_58.png

which does not have to be exactly like this.

Withhin this location, there will be 3 protectorcases in 3 of the houses in the botom floor. Inside the protectorcase there will be an E-Mail Adress written on a note. The first one sending an E-Mail to this adress, will get access to an other forum Page, with a second location on the map. At the same time over ingame message the other squads will get informed that one squad found the case and a timer starts. If the other cases are not found within 15 minutes, the forum page whith the second map will be accessible for the other squads over ingame message. If someone else finds the other protectorcases before the 15 minutes, he will also get the information where to get the map with the new location.
In the second location, there will be 1 protectorcase in a house in the bottom Floor with a second E-Mail Adress. The game ends when someone sends an E-Mail to the second E-Mail adress.

Points for achievements:

Killing a player in the first 60 minutes: 3
Killing a player between minute 61 and 120: 2
Killing a player after 180 minutes: 1
Getting one box in the first location as 1st: 20
Getting one box in the first location as 2nd within the 15 min. timer: 15
Getting one box in the first location as 3rd within the 15 min. timer: 10
Getting one box in the second location : 40
Each surviving squad member : 2

The squad with most gained points, winns the event and has to be named in the servername for 1 week for example:
Oldschool Dayz Hardcore – conquered by [UKA](Destroyers)
The gained points will be aded to the second, third, fourth..... event, till the series ends. The team with most points winns the series.
It has to be „conquered“

The winner team which wins the event and has to be named in the servername of the organisator for 1 week for example:

Oldschool Dayz Hardcore – conquered by [UKA](Destroyers)

It has to be „conquered“
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 10:16:59 PM by Aim-iliO (Oldschool Administration Team) »

I'm the friendliest guy in Chernarus if you kill me I will be reborn, but if you kill my friends.... I WILL COME FOR YOU!

Offline Aim-iliO (Admin)

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Squadz - Which server has the best comunity !
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 10:20:19 PM »
Some details could be changed till we finish the organisation with the other servers.

Actually there are only 4 servers who have enough balls to try to fight Oldschoolers, but we presented it only 24 hours ago. They are:

Oldschool
Pipsi
CREW
Aussie Convicts
Global-Gaming
Grumpy PC Gamers
UN
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 04:03:38 PM by Aim-iliO (Oldschool Administration Team) »
I'm the friendliest guy in Chernarus if you kill me I will be reborn, but if you kill my friends.... I WILL COME FOR YOU!

Offline fabooJACK

• The Traders
  • Bambi
  • Bullets: +6/-2
  • http://oldschooldayz.net/index.php/topic,1030.0.ht
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): fabooJACK
  • What kind of player are you?: Trader
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 01:55:21 AM »
Will it be first person?

Offline AdamantorPL

• Verified Player (whitelist)
  • Survivor
  • Bullets: +2/-11
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): AdamantorPL
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 07:57:56 AM »
How we are going to pick players? From skalisti event as whole squad or are we going to create some kind of DM event to pick individuals and glue them together as one team?

Offline n4ttl

• Administrator
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Bullets: +89/-84
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): n4ttl
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 08:40:01 AM »
Will it be first person?

I want it to be 1pp. However this depends on the goodwill of the other participating servers. The participating Aussie communities (Aussie convicts, Pipsi.net) do 1pp events now and then, so I believe they would join a 1pp event. Problem here would be finding a server with a decent ping for both European and Downunder players.
Oldschool DayZ Hardcore - We are the north
www.oldschooldayz.net

Offline Aim-iliO (Admin)

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 01:36:31 PM »
Will it be first person?

It would be interesting to see how different servers perform under different conditions. I would like to see how oldschoolers perform in 3rd person. But if it is our turn to organise it we will do it in 1rst person to gain an advantage.

How we are going to pick players? From skalisti event as whole squad or are we going to create some kind of DM event to pick individuals and glue them together as one team?

You should see the admin Team as coaches. We will use the oldschool commander to check stats, and see which group could perform best. There are a lot of things which can influence the gameplay. Not the players with the best stats will be able to perform the best. It will be a combination of teamwork, KD ratio, Kills/hour, weapons used mostly and everything as a team. In my opinion it would not be a good decission to take only the players with the best stats and put them together in one squad.  Maybe mixing two squads  could be a thing who will get different tasks and operate independent from each other in the event. Also the squadsize could change if we dont get enough servers together. It has to be discussed.

Offline Aim-iliO (Admin)

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 02:23:41 PM »
updated participants.

Offline Aim-iliO (Admin)

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 08:45:33 PM »
Grumpy old Gamers joined the battle

Offline [USS]Lighthouse

• Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube/Lighthouse
  • Playername (DayZ): [USS]Lighthouse
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2016, 12:50:16 AM »
Sounds pretty cool, oldschool will conquer all of dayz!

Offline Aim-iliO (Admin)

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2016, 04:03:46 PM »
Updated

Offline Aim-iliO (Admin)

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2016, 04:04:26 PM »
UN joined the Battle

Offline AdamantorPL

• Survivor
  • Bullets: +2/-11
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): AdamantorPL
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2016, 01:21:44 PM »
What's the status atm?

Offline Aim-iliO (Admin)

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2016, 07:37:31 PM »
Actually we are looking for a server where it could take place. This is at the moment our only problem.