Username: Password:

Author Topic: Combat Logging  (Read 4737 times)

Offline n4ttl

• Administrator
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Bullets: +89/-84
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): n4ttl
  • What kind of player are you?: Survivor
Combat Logging
« on: June 16, 2015, 08:25:34 PM »
Now and then I get complaints of players who say that they were in a fight with other survivors which at some time decided to dishonorably leave the scene of combat by logging off. Until now there was not much we could do because it was just an accusation brought up by some players and in most situations it was just two statements by players and we as administration staff had to decide if there was a combat logging or not.

0.57 changes a lot because the logfiles give much more information about what is happening on the server  than before. So we can now address combat logging under certain circumstances. So we will implement the following rule:

IF a player was hit by another player OR he hits another player (edit on September 3rd 2015) he is NOT allowed to log out within five minutes after the hit. If he or she does so it is considered as combat logging.

The penalties for combat logging will be the usual three strikes out:

1st time combat logging will result in a warning
2nd time combat logging will result in a 7 days ban
3rd time combat logging will result in a permanent ban from the server

We still have to write the script to analyze the logfile, so it might take us some time until we have implemented it, but it will be imposed sooner or later. We will keep you informed when it comes into effect (should be in the next 7 days).

Please note that if a player just logs out when he sees another group there will be no penalty (or better: there is no way to find out if a logout in this case was intentional or not).
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 05:15:16 PM by n4ttl (Oldschool Administration Team) »

Oldschool DayZ Hardcore - We are the north
www.oldschooldayz.net

Offline Ruttley

• The Peacekeepers
  • Bambi
  • Bullets: +0/-1
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Ruttley
Re: Combat Logging
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 11:21:02 PM »
What if one is attacked, kills the attacker and runs to a safe spot and logs out within 5 minutes?
Best courier pigeon in all Chernarus.

Offline Aim-iliO (Admin)

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Bullets: +60/-27
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Aim-iliO
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 07:37:30 AM »
In my opinion it is also combat logging, because he is trying to escape the mates of the guy he killed.
I'm the friendliest guy in Chernarus if you kill me I will be reborn, but if you kill my friends.... I WILL COME FOR YOU!

Offline n4ttl

• Administrator
  • Zombie Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 08:40:57 AM »
What if one is attacked, kills the attacker and runs to a safe spot and logs out within 5 minutes?

It is simple: if you got hit and log out within five minutes, it is considered combat logging.

I know that there will be a lot of excuses - we heard a lot when there were two servers and we were checking for ghosters. But there are always excuses and the accused always feel that we are unfair to them...

In mods like BreakingPoint it is not possible to log out when another player fired a gun near you. As long as there is no such functionality in the SA we have to use this kind of rules.
www.oldschooldayz.net

Offline AdamantorPL

• Verified Player (whitelist)
  • Survivor
  • Bullets: +2/-11
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): AdamantorPL
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 05:39:30 PM »
What about game crashes? Sometimes they happen to me (check logs if you want) and I don't want to be banned because of PC :/

Offline n4ttl

• Administrator
  • Zombie Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 05:50:30 PM »
What about game crashes? Sometimes they happen to me (check logs if you want) and I don't want to be banned because of PC :/

Its always the same arguments. When we made the ghosting scripts back when we had two servers a lot of ghosters suddenly had game crashes and accidently logged back in to the other server, found out and logged back in on the right one.

There is three strikes out. So the first time it happens, there is no penalty other than a warning. And sorry, if your game crashes every time you got hit by another player you either have a serious problem with your PC or you think we are stupid ;)
www.oldschooldayz.net

Offline AdamantorPL

• Survivor
  • Bullets: +2/-11
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): AdamantorPL
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 05:55:31 PM »

Its always the same arguments. When we made the ghosting scripts back when we had two servers a lot of ghosters suddenly had game crashes and accidently logged back in to the other server, found out and logged back in on the right one.

There is three strikes out. So the first time it happens, there is no penalty other than a warning. And sorry, if your game crashes every time you got hit by another player you either have a serious problem with your PC or you think we are stupid ;)

Serious problem :/ Well, I hope that new temporary GPU that Im going to buy will end such problems. Also ask PKs who played with me, that did I experienced game crashes.

Offline Kultainen

• The Bandits
  • Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 10:14:53 AM »
whenever my game crashes, (every 3-4 days) I usually get wiped because of it.

Offline n4ttl

• Administrator
  • Zombie Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 11:41:16 AM »
Is it a coincidence that games tnd to crash for some people only during combat when the other party has an edge? ;)
www.oldschooldayz.net

Offline kunthammer

• Brawler
  • Survivor
  • Bullets: +13/-20
  • The almighty chernarussian sheriff.
    • View Profile
    • songs
  • Playername (DayZ): Kunthammer
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 12:10:58 PM »
man, nattl is so fucking sexy.
The peoples champ.
here to spread joy and pain throughout the feilds and forests of northern chernarus.
allergic to whiners, power hungry homo's and anal.
if you wanna play with me hit me up on steam or the shoutbox. peace out homies.

Offline Ruttley

• The Peacekeepers
  • Bambi
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Ruttley
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 03:08:13 AM »
man, nattl is so fucking sexy.
Teach me how to be subtle pls
Best courier pigeon in all Chernarus.

Offline n4ttl

• Administrator
  • Zombie Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 06:40:55 PM »
I have now an alpha version working

what I saw was not funny though! Lots of people logging out as soon as the first shot came. :(
Soon we will impose the rule as described above. So do not COMBAT LOG! Never! Or you should look for another server.
www.oldschooldayz.net

Offline Salgon

• Freshspawn
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Salgon
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 07:31:28 AM »
Looks great at first sight. But do I read this right: There was someone hit by fist and then logged out?
When does loggout gets logged? Hitting the exit button on client site? Or leaving the server? I thought there is a difference, isnt it?

Offline Aim-iliO (Admin)

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Bullets: +60/-27
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): Aim-iliO
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2015, 02:51:20 PM »
Looks great at first sight. But do I read this right: There was someone hit by fist and then logged out?
When does loggout gets logged? Hitting the exit button on client site? Or leaving the server? I thought there is a difference, isnt it?

Its only one example, but in this case the hit by the winchester would be the interesting. I am not sure, But I think when you give the order to logout, you will get it logged. Not wenn you are away. This would not of interest for us, means, the fist story would go trough if its the only case of fist fight running by logout.
I'm the friendliest guy in Chernarus if you kill me I will be reborn, but if you kill my friends.... I WILL COME FOR YOU!

Offline CitM

• Freshspawn
  • Bullets: +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • Playername (DayZ): [FAT] CitM
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2015, 03:34:30 PM »
IF a player was hit by another player he is NOT allowed to log out within five minutes after the hit. If he or she does so it is considered as combat logging.

Please note that if a player just logs out when he sees another group there will be no penalty (or better: there is no way to find out if a logout in this case was intentional or not).

So i had this situation where i killed a dude who fired shots at me first and after i waited for mates to arrive and noone showed up, i logged out. It was uninentionally and probably because i was thrilled.
I got a warning because only 3 minutes were over and i got that. Fair enough, it was not a nice move to leave game but like i said - i wasnt aware of this new rule at just that moment.

Later i checked the rule in the forums again and like i quoted above it says that i have to be hit to not be allowed to logg out. This clearly did not happen. The logg i got sent can prove that.

I asked admins to reconsider the decision, with no result. So i would like this rule, wich i like - dont get me wrong - to be changed into "if a player is involved in a combat situation ...." or the admins to withdraw my penalty because you know, noone likes to be blamed for nothing.

I hope this comes not as flamy as it reads. You guys do a great job, and i like to play on oldschool. Keep on!

Sry for bad english